On Wednesday, April 8, 2020, The Rev. Ken Howard, Executive Director of The FaithX Project, delivered a webinar on the entitled Strategies and Tools for Keeping Congregations and Communities Connected During (and after) the COVID-19 Crisis. In the webinar, Ken discusses
- How to use technology to keep congregations connected through worship, fellowship, formation, and other congregational functions.
- How to use interactive demographics to identify and engage at-risk populations in our neighborhoods.
- How to use interactive analytics to identify and engage vulnerable neighborhoods.
You will find webinar video below
Webinar Slide Deck
This post is part of an ongoing series. Future topics may include:
- Online worship at a distance Part 2: Communion at a Distance
- Online Outreach Part – 2: More tools and strategies.
- Social Vulnerability: A new tool for predicting at-risk neighborhoods.
- Things people can do to create a sense of community with their neighbors and neighborhoods.
- Tools and strategies for hosting online fellowship.
- Tools and strategies for facilitating online bible study and formation.
- Tools and strategies congregations can use to locate and reach populations most vulnerable during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Tools and strategies by which judicatories can resource their congregations
Want to help your congregation more effectively engage the neighborhoods it serves?
Click here to schedule a
no cost preliminary missional intelligence discussion
and receive a sample Neighborhood Missional Intelligence Report
for your location
Those who engage a full Neighborhood Missional Assessment or other consultative program from FaithX will receive a complete NMIR in interactive (dynamic HTML) format.
Important Note: A Neighborhood Missional Intelligence Report can also be a useful tool for identifying the prevalence of at risk groups within your membership and ministry areas, and a Neighborhood Missional Assessment can help you identify the neighborhoods where they are most prevalent.
We have reduced the cost of NMIRs and NMAs by 10% for the duration of the COVID19 pandemic.
Want to help your judicatory identify emerging missional opportunities and challenges within its boundaries?
Click here to schedule a demo/discussion
of MapDash for Faith Communities
for Strategic Missional Planning
Important Note: In the days ahead Datastory will be adding COVID-related data to MapDash to all current and future subscribers (including incidence of COVID-19, hospital locations and capacity, Twitter feeds, location of doctors).
FaithX is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization and Ken’s faith-based consulting practice at FaithX is carried out under an extension of ministry from the Episcopal Diocese of Washington.