A Strategic Congregation–Community Consultation
To help congregational leadership achieve several things critical to their congregation’s ability to survive and thrive in rapidly changing and increasing uncertain context:
- Identify the vitality strengths and weaknesses of their congregation.
- Identify emerging missional opportunities and challenges in their surrounding neighborhoods.
- Prioritize greatest congregational strengths and neighborhood opportunities.
- Identify strategic options that most effectively leverage strengths to engage opportunities.
The Neighborhood Missional Assessment takes place in four phases over 6-8 weeks:
- Congregational leadership completes a Congregational Vitality Assessment (CVA) on behalf of the congregation, and provides selected parochial reporting data and an anonymized list of household locations.
- FaithX prepares an interactive Neighborhood Missional Intelligence Report (NMIR) on the congregation’s location (see example below) and reviews the congregations CVA results and parochial reporting data.
- Orientation (1-hour meeting with the top clergy and lay leader) to:
- Identify specific questions or learning goals the leadership has about themselves and their neighborhoods.
- Preview the NMIR and the CVA.
- Analysis (Two 1-hour meetings with the key leaders and leadership groups) to:
- Identify and explore congregational vitality and sustainability.
- Identify and explore potential neighborhood missional opportunities.
- Analyse potential ways the congregation can leverage its strengths to engage identified opportunities, and how other potential internal or external resources might be engaged.
- Explore and prioritize strategies (1-hour meeting to explore potential next steps).
Following the sessions FaithX will provide a 1–2-page summary report, the NMIR, and relevant demographic maps.
$1,995.00, including all resources (discounts may be available if your judicatory has a current service agreement with FaithX).
Additional Assistance Available:
Many congregations find the results of a Congregation–Community Missional Assessment sufficient to move forward with developing a strategic missional plan on their own. Those who need additional assistance may inquire about our missional strategy development services at email@example.com.
Neighborhood Missional Intelligence Report (Sample)
Want to learn how your judicatory can identify
emerging missional opportunities within its boundaries?
Click here to schedule a demo/discussion of MapDash for Faith Communities and Strategic Missional Assessment and Planning.