by Ken Howard
The response to our Paradoxy Congregational Conflict Transformation 10-Pack Giveaway has been great. In the last 10 days 20 congregations from San Francisco to Washington DC have claimed free group discussion 10-packs along with facilitator guidelines and other downloadable resources. And they are putting them to use right now to move beyond the tension and conflict that has arisen in their congregations as a result of the recent presidential election.
Paradoxy: Creating Christian Community Beyond Us and Them was written for times like these. I wrote Paradoxy for faith leaders and congregations to demonstrate that UNITY does not require UNIFORMITY – that getting to US does not require a THEM.
It will help you with questions like:
- How do we counteract our current epidemic of out-of-control “othering”?
- How do we engage issues of justice and truth without alienating without deepening the divisions between people who disagree
- How do we maintain our sense of community without submerging our responsibility to seek justice and truth?
Paradoxy describes a radical middle way of honest, compassionate, and respectful dialogue between people who disagree, and shows congregations how to get there.
Paradoxy is designed for use for for small group study, conflict transformation dialogue, faith leader education, and more. Each chapter contains Biblical reflections and discussion questions.
Best of all, paperback copies of Paradoxy are available FREE (postage only) in two quantities:
- Single copies – for individual reading.
- Ten-packs – for group or congregational study and dialogue.
The Paradoxy 10-Pack for Group Study includes:
- 10 free copies of Paradoxy for the cost of postage
- Immediate free download of Paradoxy in PDF format
- Immediate free download of Paradoxy Conflict Transformation Facilitators Guide in PDF format, with handouts for various applications
- Free 30 minute introductory coaching session on putting Paradoxy to work in your congregation.
How to order:
- Ten-Packs for Group Study: $0.00 + $10.00 postage [click here]
- For groups larger than 10 order additional 10-packs at $10.00 ea).
- Single copies: $0.00 + $6.65 postage [click here]
All non-Amazon versions include immediate FREE download of the Paradoxy Facilitation Guide for Conflict Transformation with handouts for various contexts.
Praise for Paradoxy
Again this year, literally tons of new books will be published – shelves, libraries, trucks, dumpsters full – and most among them won’t carry a fraction of the substance this book holds. A bunch of them will become big sellers too, even though they don’t hold a candle – in terms of content or readability – to this one. There are many reasons for this paradox, including this: too many people want simple, easy, quick, and formulaic answers to the problems they face, and those books deliver what the customer wants: information that is simple, easy, quick, and formulaic. But those readers will eventually discover that formulaic answers don’t serve. They don’t match the complexities and unpredictabilities of the real world like this book does.
That’s why I know you’re in for something better with this book.
Brian McLaren, Len Sweet, and Phyllis Tickle
Creating Christian Community Beyond Us & Them
2nd edition, updated with new content
click here or on image to order from Amazon.com