& RESEARCH DIRECTOR
ROLE for Faith X
Researcher, Editor, Consultant
Darren’s spiritual journey began early. As a boy he was always fascinated with concepts of the divine and reading Scripture even though no one in his family were particularly religious. It wasn’t until after high school, however, that his spiritual journey turned into full devotion. After a traumatic four-year battle with depression, anxiety disorders, anger, and guilt, Darren found the transformative power of ministry and theology. He has since discovered that he can help transform the world through education and sacrificial giving.
A native of Colorado, Darren now lives just north of Denver. He is married and currently enjoys spending his leisure time remodeling his home, doing yard work, and publishing his research.
Darren is a published theologian and systematician who specializes in historical and speculative theology, as well as theoretical metaphysics. Darren studied theatre in college before being hired as a police officer in Aurora, Colorado. Darren later transferred into corrections where he monitored violent adult offenders who suffered from mental and personality disorders. He then became a Group Living Counselor at the state’s primary maximum-security prison for female offenders. Darren currently works from home in the medical field while he completes his doctoral studies.
Darren’s dominant strengths are education-related, being a skilled researcher, teacher, lecturer, and writer. He has a special talent for theoretical systematization in philosophy and theology.
Darren has several published articles, some forthcoming, including:
- “Arabia Haeresium Ferax (Arabia Bearer of Heresies): Schismatic Christianity’s Potential Influence on Muhammad and the Qur’an” – American Theological Inquiry
- “The Early Church’s Inconsequential View of the Mode of Baptism” – American Theological Inquiry
- “The Legitimacy of the Book of the Watcher’s Interpretation of Genesis 6:1-4” – Eleutheria (forthcoming)
- “The Rhetorical Function of Hyperbole in the Imprecatory Psalms” – (forthcoming)
- “A Greco-Roman Supplemental to the Criterion of Dissimilarity” – (forthcoming)
- “The Apology of Marcianus Aristides, an Athenian Philosopher” – (forthcoming)
Darren is a graduate of Rangeview High School from Aurora, Colorado, holds a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Northern Colorado (Theatre Arts, Acting Emphasis), and holds two master’s degrees from Liberty University (a Master of Arts in Theological Studies and a Master of Divinity). Darren Slade is currently a doctoral student at Liberty’s School of Divinity, working towards a PhD in theology and apologetics. He plans to complete a second PhD in the Psychology of Religion. You can see Darren’s professional vita and research publications by clicking the link below, which includes his career history, awards, degrees, and certificates. darrenmslade.academia.edu/